A new tattoo can look very impressive, but when they get old and faded they are less attractive. There are also those tattoos that werent properly looked after in the beginning and look bad from the start. The following tips should be followed if you want people to comment on your tattoo for the right reasons.
- After you get a tattoo it will be covered an antiseptic ointment and a dressing will be applied on top of this. It is important that you dont remove this dressing for at least 12 hours. Your tattoo could be permanently damaged if you fail to follow this advice.
- New tattoos are often very itchy. A scab will be forming on the skin and it is important not to scratch it because if it comes away it could take some of the ink with it. Until the tattoo has healed it is necessary to be alert to the temptation to scratch and not to do so automatically. If you avoid scratching you will be rewarded with a tattoo that looks fantastic and remember, you will probably only have this urge for a few days at most.
- Try not to get your new tattoo wet. If you have to get in the shower or bath make sure the tattoo is covered with something that is waterproof.
- It is also damaging to a tattoo to be in direct sunlight so avoid this. A tattoo will stay vibrant for much longer if you take care with it when you are in the sun.
- Keep your new tattoo moisturised as much as possible using a gel. You can buy a special ointment for this purpose but you should get enough of this from the tattoo artist to keep your tattoo moisturised for a few days.